About Cox's Bazar
- History of the name: Cox’s Bazar
- Modern Cox’s Bazar
- Areas around Cox's Bazar
- Environment & Mineral Contents in Cox’s Bazar Beach
- What makes Cox’s Bazar famous?
- Why Cox's Bazar?
- Tourism in Cox's Bazar
- Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh - the World's Longest Beach
- Economy and development of Cox's Bazar
- Geography and climate of Cox's Bazar
- Cox's Bazar History
- Cox's Bazar Overview
Inani Beach - A marvelous place to enjoy!
One hour ride on tuk tuk and you an visit a nearby beach i.e inani beach. Water is much cleaner there , and scenery that one comes across on the way ..
Prasaad Paradise: Cox's best
I stayed one night and two days there, its nicely located right next to the beach, rates are quite reasonable. You can book different tours from the ..
Area: 1,729 hectares
Getting there: From Kalatali stand, it is only 15-minute ride to entry; if you take a taxi or chander gari (local transport). You can also rent a car from Cox’s Bazar.
1. Beautiful Waterfall
2. Himchari National Park
3. Broken Hill
4. Christmas Tree
1. Beautiful Waterfall: The amazing waterfall of Himchari is a very rare scene to enjoy. The waterfall from the green hill is relatively extraordinary to look at. However, in the winter it dwindles whereas in the rainy season it is really wonderful and full waterfall could be enjoyed.
The spot is ideal for picnic, shooting, relaxing and sunbathing. But whenever you have sunbathing locals can rush around you as Bangladeshis’ are not used to see women in swim costume. Here you get beautiful hilltop resort centre where you can stay for relaxing and can hear the shore of the Bay of Bengal.
2. Himchari National Park: The Park is a beautiful tropical rain forest (evergreen & semi-ever-green) around the South Asia. The park was established in 1980. This place is maintained, protected and secured by the government for the foreign tourists and the local visitors. The Park is not only attractive for the tourists it is also attractive for the biologist.
The park gets high forest, low forest & grasslands with a few trees. Around 58 species of trees, 4 species grasses, 15 species of shrubs, 19 climbers and 21 species of herbs altogether 117 plant species are available here. In the forest area there are at least twenty kinds of important herbs like Curculigo recurvata, Swintonia floribunda and Alpinia nigra are available which most valuable plant are for the biologist.
The park is also considered as a paradise of birdwatcher. A lot of bird watchers are gathered here for the seeing the different kinds of birds, as more than 286 species of birds found there. Additionally, 55 species of mammals, 56 species of reptiles and 13 species of amphibians are found in the evergreen forest. A small number of elephants and leopard also found here. The US administration already made an agreement with Bangladesh government to induct tigers in to the forest areas.
* Wild life: Elephant, Tigers, Capped Langur, Gibbon, Rhesus Macaque, Dhole, Sloth Bear, Hirundo Rustica, Indian Muntjac, Wild Boar, Cypsiurrus Parvus Leopard Cat, Jungle Cat, Fishing Cat, and Acridotheres.
* Adventure: Picnic, Shooting and Bird safari
* Entry Fee: Tk. 5.00/ Person
* Present Visitors: 2,00,000 / Year
3. Broken Hills: It is also an attraction for most of the visitors. Come and see what wonder waiting for you.
4. Christmas Tree: The Christmas tree of here is another famous attraction for the tourist.
Best Time to Visit: September 01 to October 31
Accommodation: After visiting Himchari if you want to stay at night, should stay in Cox’s Bazar. You will get a number of hotels and restaurants there with different budget.
Note: You can reach Himchari only by the beach. So, ensure you are back to town before high tide rise in the evening. It is not wise to stay here after sunset.
Other guides in category
- Oceanic Scuba Dive Center
- Chera Island
- Dulhazra Safari Park
- Adinath Temple
- Maha Thin Daw Gree
- Moheshkhali Island
- Ramu Village
- Inani Beach
- Sonadia Island
- Aggameda Khyang Monastery
- Cox's Bazar Holiday Complex
- The Secret Beauty of Sonadia Island
- Laboni Beach
- Naf River
- Kaptai Lake
- St. Martin's Island
- Dulahazra Safari Park
- Himchari National Park